Thursday, May 27, 2010

Brooklyn Beer Gal meets "The Beer Chicks!"

What an exciting evening last night in LA. It was a Top Ten Beer experience! I finally got to meet the original Beer Chick and top female beer experts in the country, Christina Perozzi and Hallie Beaune of The Beer Chicks. They welcomed me at Father's Office in Santa Monica. I share The Beer Chicks passion to bring beer to "the place it deserves, at the forefront of the modern dining experience."

Hallie recommended some incredible brews last night, the first, a Saison du BUFF, a collaboration from Dogfish Head, Stone Brewing & Victory Brewing. This is a Belgian Saison brewed with parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme. I highly recommend Christina and Hallie's book, The Naked Pint: An Unadulterated Guide to Craft Beer. Purchase the book here: The Naked Pint.

I thought this was a delightful and informative read. It is an approachable book for the longtime fans of craft beer and the newbies. It is the book I'll have on hand for reference when studying for an upcoming beer festival, hosting a Hoppy People party or just re-reading from time to time to help me develop my beer writing skills. Lots of times, I know what styles I like, but understanding more about the style and the characteristics of the beer adds a whole new dimension.

A big thanks to Christina for surprising me with a gift, "Coton" from The Bruery! It is a barrel-aged ale with hints of bourbon, caramel and oak, and a limited edition to celebrate the brewery's second anniversary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home