Saturday, August 29, 2009

Expression and Healing in the "Modern World"

Maybe I can finally understand "new media," and "social media." Maybe this is a modern place to turn to, to heal, something like that, at least in my situation today. Today, this weekend is as timely as ever to complete this project. So today, August 29, I am on a mission but, first a little history. My blog was born in the summer of 2005 while working a a holistic nutrition school. I figured before I worked with students and helped them create blogs, I should go through the process myself. However, with catchy name and all, The Brooklyn Beer Gal Blog remained mostly dormant until October '05. It still really wasn't even official until March '06 when I became inspired. I don't think more than five people have ever read my blog. :) I never expected any readers and to be honest, wanted to create a personal, living history, one that replaced photo albums and journals fortunately or unfortunately. Even since then, how we consume media has changed, how we display ourselves to the world, or not has changed. Folks are posting on Twitter and Facebook and now my Blogger is linked to Facebook. Certainly, that's a new feature in recent year. Anyway, if anyone does read this, I guess it's a little piece of me I get to share with the world. Putting it all out there, is a way to make my experiences and my journey even a little more real. So today, I continue my posts from 2007, 2008, 2009. I wonder if I can complete in a day, we'll see. Nothing like completing a personal project, a goal, on a a rainy Saturday. Cheers!

1 Comments:

At 3:23 AM, Anonymous Susan said...

Rose Cole, the Certified Holistic Nutritionist, has free home-made organic skincare recipes that she’s sending out by email this whole month. They’re awesome! You can sign up, and check out her video here: http://www.RoseCole.com/BeautifulSkin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home