Monday, April 13, 2009

LA Beer Fest and LA Eats '09 Journey


I was lucky to plan my trip to LA around the first LA Beer Fest held at Sony Studios. This Beer Fest will always be memorable because it was here I was introduced to The Bruery, and was quite impressed. I didn't make it to The Bruery in Orange County this trip, but it's first on my list for '10. LA was a great break from NYC, I soaked up the west coast vibe. I continued my training by running in Culver City, slow but steady and also enjoyed biking AND running on the beach, the life! Got to spend time with Kelly for her birthday in Santa Monica with the Oakdale boys at Father's Office and spent Easter on my own at Pizzeria Mozza with Clam Pizza! I also got to spend quality time with Rocky. Happy Engagement Larry! Thanks Christel and Jon!

BEERS FROM THE FEST:
The Bruery from Placentia:
Orchard White
Black Orchard
Plus:
Left Coast Hop Juice
Ballast Point Big Eye IPA

EATS:
Alibi Room (Kogi):
Kimchi Sesame Quesadilla and Vegan Sesame Leaf Tacos with tofu and asian pear- CAN'T EVEN PUT WORDS HOW I FEEL ABOUT THIS FOOD. I COULD EAT IT EVERY DAY.

Leaf Organics:
Collard Greens wraps with sprouted Lentil Croquettes- AWESOME RAW PLACE!

M Cafe de Chaya:
M Chopped Romaine and Mixed Greens, Avocado, Cucumber, Chickpeas, Herb-Baked Tofu, Scallions, Umeboshi Pickled Radishes, Carrots, Beets, Tamari-Roasted Almonds, Crumbled Tempeh Bacon, and Tofu-Peppercorn Ranch Dressing- I AM OBSESSED

Rustic Canyon, Wilshire Blvd. Santa Monica:
Roasted Root Vegetable Shepherd's Pie - THE BEST VEGETARIAN DISH AT A NON VEGETARIAN RESTAURANT I HAVE EVER HAD!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home