Friday, April 06, 2007

California Common

Took my Dad to the Southhampton Publick House for his 60th Birthday for brunch. It was MUCH SMALLER than I had anticipated. On a cloudy, spring day, it was also not as crowded as I expected. I enjoyed drinking the IPA at Brewtopia, and surprisingly the White Ale at the Philly Beer Fest but I had to go with the sampler that included: Montauk Light (Mom enjoyed (not a beer drinker)), Golden Lager, Pale Ale, Secret Ale, Extra Stout, Double White Ale, Steem Beer and Sullivan's Irish Ale. Went with a full pint of Steem Beer and when I asked the waitress the style she said a California beer (I learned a new style, "California Common")... as Southhampton describes it, "a fruity brew with notes of white grapes and lemon zest." See the reviews at Beer Advocate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home