Sunday, September 03, 2006

Nolita

Was sort of dreading going in to the "city," I prefered not to cross the river. In a week, I will take this lesson with me to Brooklyn, NY. Got a massage and made a new friend from LA, took the bus to The Pearl. I knew right where to go in Powell's for my Moleskin notebook. Today was my shopping day. Yes, I finally found a pair of jeans, after a four month search, at Nolita. "That's a booty," the shop keeper and my personal shopping assistant exclaimed.

I treated myself to a pedicure, then lunch at the newly renovated Bridgeport Brewery. I want to like their beers, but I find them to have minimal taste. I went to the NW to "trendy yuppie 23rd street" to Laurelwood Brewing and New Old Lompoc. I was pleasantly surprised with the brews at Laurelwood even though the locals tried to deter me. I loved the grittiness of New Old Lompoc, made friends at the bar and enjoyed the C Note IPA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home