Saturday, June 03, 2006

No more tears


Due to some recent circumstances, I of course found myself reading another Paulo Coelho book. This one is "By the River Piedra, I Sat Down & Wept," a novel about forgiveness. I thought I would use this blog to talk about beer but I have found books more interesting these days. I should combine the two and bring my books to the bar. :-)

So this book made me think, as most do. The main character in this book tells us, "It's life that takes us by surprise and orders us to move toward the unknown." Yep. I have learned that it's definitely not always when we want, or when we expect it, but when we need to, life forces us to move on. I like Paulo Coelho's books because they are very spiritual. Spirituality is something I have been thinking about a lot these days.

Page 79 "But love is always new. Regardless of whether we love once, twice, or a dozen times in our life, we always face a brand-new situation. Love can consign us to hell or to paradise, but it always takes us somewhere."

Page 118 "But now I discovered that I too was capable of loving. Even if loving meant leaving, or solitude, or sorrow, love was worth every penny of its price." EVERY PENNY, NICKEL, DIME, QUARTER, DOLLAR, ETC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home