Saturday, June 17, 2006

Happy Hour


So I should probably starting writing about more fun stuff, as this has been deemed my "Summer 'O Fun." JM and I had no idea what we were in for when we arrived at 230 Fifth. I was running late and arrived just in time to stand in line. I am finally past that stage where I wait in line but now I was curious, what was waiting for me on the 21st floor? :-) What characters in this place, definitely a scene. My favorite part, a stuffed Zebra. It was fun to check out ONCE, on a sunny day for the cool view. We are all suckers for a rooftop in Manhattan. Rumor is they will be serving Malaysian snack food by rising chef, Zak Pelaccio. So head over to 230 Fifth perched atop a random commercial wholesale building. Get there early. Best view of the night was the three dudes that smuggled in cans of Budweiser. :-)

How is it that I have been in NYC since 1999 and have not yet been to the Bread Bar at Tabla. From Blue Smoke and Shake Shack, Union Square Cafe and Gramercy Tavern, and now Tabla, I have declared myself a huge fan of Danny Meyer. My favorite was: Bread Bar Ceviche East coast halibut dressed with peanuts, Thai basil, lime and cayenne peppers. I'll be back to check out Tabla and try some of their famous cocktails especially the Tamarind Margarita and Pomegranate Gimlet! Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home